Shakib joins with the TIGERS

Former skipper Sakib al Hasan surprisingly returned to Dhaka on Sunday to join the practice camp for the West Indies series without completing his obligation for Kolkata Knight Riders in the Champions League Twenty20.
Sakib was on leave until October 3 and had the option to extend it providing KKR progress to the semi-final and final of the competition now being held in India.    
But he has asked the team to release him as soon as they completed their group phase and took the first available flight to return to Dhaka.
He landed at the Hazrat Sahjalal International Airport at 2:00pm and went straight to the Bangladesh Cricket Board headquarters at Mirpur to report to the national team in sharp contrast to his behaviour when he was captain.
The all-rounder took at least three days to report to the BCB after his arrival from England before the Zimbabwe series and rather preferred to join a commercial shooting which received widespread crictism.
It clearly went against him when the BCB put his leadership under scrutiny and sacked him subsequently after a disaster in Zimbabwe.
He was eventually replaced by wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim, who will make his debut as Bangladesh captain with a Twenty20 match against West Indies on October 11.
Sakib said he will help Mushfiq become successful as captain.  .
‘If a situation arises when my experience can help I will certainly use it,’   Sakib told reporters.
Sakib, who scored only 30 runs in five matches and claimed just one wicket in the Champions League qualifying round and main draw, however, does not have any qualms about his own performance.
‘In the IPL I got a few more wickets but I think I didn’t bowl badly here and neither I am very worried about my batting,’ he said.
 ‘There is chance to improve everywhere. Still I would say it was all right. I tried hard to perform to the best of my ability, apart from that I cannot do anything else,’ said Sakib.
Sakib, who has been playing one after another competition, however, ruled out any chance of fatigue and is eager to participate in a practice match on October 6.
‘I am not tired. There is no reason why I won’t play the next practice match,’ said Sakib.
The Tigers will play their first Twenty20 practice match today, but Sakib was not included in the team for the game. Young leg-spinner Tanveer Haider has been included the BCB Red to take his place in the match.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Xafyr Muqtadir | Developed by Xafyr Muqtadir